Friday, December 5, 2014

Pacific Place: Santa No. 2!

12/5/14 Various inks, Zig marker, Caran d'Ache Museum
water-soluble colored pencil, Canson XL 140 lb. paper
After sketching at Gingerbread Village, Nilda and I walked over to Pacific Place for lunch a few blocks away. My plan was to sketch Santa after lunch, but by the time we finished, he went on his lunch break! It was déjà vu of last year! This time, though, I was more determined.

To kill time while Santa was on his break, I went up to the second floor and sketched the fascinating penguin sculpture a floor below. Made by sculptor Leo Sewell, it’s built entirely of found metal pieces, such as an old exit sign, tin plates, grating, gears and many other parts.

At exactly 3:30 p.m. when Santa was due back, I found the same spot where I had sketched him two years ago – again, from the floor above.

Score!
12/5/14 Diamine Sargasso Sea ink, Caran d'Ache
Museum water-soluble colored pencil


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on catching Santa #2!!! It was fun to compare this year's sketch to last year's too. Good job from your bird's eye view.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...