Friday, November 23, 2012

Lend Me Your Ear


11/22/12 Private Reserve Ultra Black
Ears give me a lot of trouble. Something about all that cartilage that folds into gently curving canals in different directions is difficult to draw. Not that mouths or eyes or noses are much better, but when I’m sketching a face, I tend to skate over the ear with a vague outline and dark inner triangular spot, hoping to get away with it.
 
Out of town for the Thanksgiving holiday, my spouse-guy was channel surfing in our hotel room when, with little else to inspire me, I decided to sketch his ear. I suppose if I practiced it a hundred times, I’d get better. But don’t worry – I’m not going to.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that ears are hard. The shading is tricky. You did a good job. Keep practicing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...