Monday, December 1, 2014

Santasketcharama Begins!

12/1/14 Platinum Carbon ink, watercolor, Zig marker, Canson XL 140 lb. paper
I got my first Santa of the year!

Greg had an errand at Alderwood Mall this morning, so I tagged along for the ride with one goal in mind: Sketch Santa. Alderwood’s Santa was particularly jolly and not scary, because the kids really seemed to take to him (not always the case with some mall Santas I’ve seen). The assistant elves were so fast and efficient that each party of kids would take less than a minute for their photos. So although Santa remained a fairly consistent model during the half-hour that I sketched him, these children were composites of the many who managed to climb aboard his lap.

A year ago I set out to break my record of the previous year by sketching at least three Santas. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a bust – first at Bellevue Square, then again later at Pacific Place – Santas kept eluding me.

I’ve got almost four weeks to get at least two more Santas – seems like a doable goal. Let the Santasketcharama begin!

1 comment:

  1. You are too funny with the Santasketcharama! This came out great!!! You are one up on me since I haven't even thought about finding a Santa. My quest begins....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...