Friday, December 12, 2014

Panama Hotel with SBS Alumnae

12/12/14 Platinum Carbon ink, watercolor, Zig markers, Canson XL 140 lb. paper
The Pacific Northwest Sketchbook Skool alumnae took a field trip to the Panama Hotel this afternoon for tea and sketching. In the Liz Steel tradition, I began by sketching my tea and chocolate croissant. Since I had skipped lunch, it was really hard for me to put off eating that croissant before sketching it, but I managed! The teacup and plate were transparent glass, and so was the tabletop – challenging to paint. (If you’re wondering what the small object is to the right of the pastry, it’s a Japanese tea sweet that I got for Greg. When I asked for it to-go, the man at the counter put it in a tiny transparent box – adding to my transparency challenges!)

After I scarfed down the croissant, I sketched a few of the ladies and heard about their various art and sketching interests. Many of us didn’t know each other outside of the Facebook group, so it was fun to meet the people behind the sketches. (It was especially fun to meet Linda, who turns out to be a reader of my blog! Great to meet you, Linda!)

12/12/14 Pilot Iroshizuku Take-sumi ink, Zig markers, Museum colored pencil

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job on the transparent plates...and resisting the chocolate croissant. lol I always think about sketching my food after it is gone.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...