Thursday, August 23, 2012

Say it Ain’t So


8/23/12 Copic Multiliner SP pen, watercolor, Hand Book
The Queen Anne Farmer’s Market was new to me, so I walked around for a little while munching a cookie from Grateful Bread to get the lay of the sketching land. Even though I had barely arrived, I considered retreating to my car – the strong wind was downright chilly. (Is my first summer as a sketcher already nearly over? Say it ain’t so!) Instead, I got an Americano to warm up, and I was happy I did, because when I went around to the back, I discovered the “live music stage.”
 
With an interesting repertoire ranging from Bing Crosby (“Every time it rains, it rains pennies from heaven, don'tcha know each cloud contains pennies from heaven?”) to Johnny Cash (“When I was just a baby, my mama told me, son, always be a good boy, don't ever play with guns”), this vocalist used a megaphone for a mike. I shivered as I finished my sketch, but his Hawaiian shirt kept me thinking about summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...