Friday, August 31, 2012

P. K. Dwyer


8/31/12 fountain pen, waterproof ink, Kuretake Brush Writers, Stillman & Birn sketchbook
Blues singer and guitar/harmonica player P. K. Dwyer began his concert at Phinney Farmer’s Market by introducing himself as a busker. Some of his songs were about his experiences as a busker and living in New York subway stations. As far as I could tell, all the tunes he performed were original. Some lyrics:
 
“Here’s the keys to my car, you’re gonna drive me away.”
 
“Got the blues so bad I might move to France.”
 
“Wind is howlin’, shoulda stayed in bed.”
 
In addition to his music, he offered free stickers and CDs for sale.

2 comments:

  1. A lovely, loose sketch which is enhanced by the script! I really like this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ingrid! And thanks for visiting my blog. I just checked yours out, and your paintings are stunning! I will be visiting it again soon!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...