Friday, August 7, 2026

Steer Horns

 

8/4/26 Maple Leaf neighborhood

In the nearly 40 years that I have lived in Maple Leaf, I’m almost certain I had never before seen a pickup with steer horns on the hood in these parts (at right). Even more unexpected? The driver who appeared as I was finishing the sketch was wearing dreads.

It just goes to show: Whatever stereotypes I might hold about vehicles or their drivers might be very wrong.

The rest of these walk-sketches are less surprising but no less worthy of observation.

7/16/26 Green Lake (A sudden cloudburst sent me for 
shelter under a tree, where I thought I'd sketchwait it out. 
Unfortunately, my "umbrella" sprang a leak! And apparently Pentel Sign pens contain water-soluble ink.)

7/20/26 Discovery Park

7/21/26 Maple Leaf

7/22/26 Maple Leaf

7/29/26 Maple Leaf

8/1/26 Maple Leaf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...