Friday, December 8, 2017

Rock of Ages

12/5/17 Rock of Ages Lutheran Brethren Church, Phinney Ridge

As usual for this time of year, I make most of my urban sketches from my warm and comfy “mobile studio.” While it keeps me sheltered, views and compositions are limited to (mostly) legal parking places. On this sunny but chilly day, a street in the Phinney Ridge neighborhood offered a rare elevation view of a building. And not just any building: The Rock of Ages Lutheran Brethren Church had stained-glass windows, interesting shadows and a power pole right in front. I could hardly ask for more.

1 comment:

  1. You have all the elements of a great urban sketch...a building, a shadow, a pole, a tree, and vehicles. Yay!!! Glad you had your car to stay warm. I didn't sketch yesterday or today (yet). I'll have to find something on my tree to sketch or set up a still life. I had an art show all day today (& tomorrow) and by the time I got out it was already dark...and snowy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...