Monday, September 28, 2015

Eclipse

9/27/15 colored pencil, acrylic marker
After a fun but tiring full day in Don Colley’s workshop (my report soon), I went up to Maple Leaf Park with Greg to see the total lunar eclipse. The eclipse started around 5 p.m. PDT, but moonrise was around 7 p.m., so by the time we could see it easily, it was near totality. Although the sky was clear, there must have been a slight haze near the horizon, because the lighted part of the moon looked a bit blurry.

I had big plans to use the sketching app on my tablet so I could sketch in the dark. But I was so tired by then that it was easier to bring along a piece of tinted paper and a white pencil (lighted with my smartphone) then to figure out an app!

We came back home for the second half of the eclipse, and by then the sky must have been clearer, because the illumination was crisp. I switched to my Molotow acrylic marker and a flashlight to make the last two sketches from our bedroom window.

1 comment:

  1. Nice sketches of the stages of the eclipse. I didn't try sketching it at all. I had all I could do to find the moon in the sky with my camera. lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...