Monday, October 13, 2014

Color at Metro Market

10/13/14 Platinum Carbon and Pilot Iroshizuku Kiri-same
inks, watercolor, Caran d'Ache Museum water-soluble
colored pencil, Canson XL 140 lb. paper
At the Sand Point Metropolitan Market where we were doing our weekly shopping this morning, I saw that the maples in the parking lot were still not quite at their peak of color, but at least one of them was already empty of leaves at its very top. I considered bringing my sketchbook next week, but I realized that might be too late. Time’s a wastin’!

I took an afternoon break and drove back to Metro Market. A heavy cloud cover threatened rain, but the temperature was still comfortable, so I brought my coffee to an outdoor table facing the lot. Just as I was hoping for some shadows, the clouds parted for a few seconds – exactly long enough. (I’ve lately had a knack for wishing for something to come into view for a sketch, and suddenly, there it is! At last, a useful superpower!)

1 comment:

  1. Glad your superpowers worked for you. Nice rich colors in the trees and the shadows.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...