Thursday, October 9, 2014

Recycling Day

10/9/14 Platinum Carbon and other inks, Caran d'Ache
Museum water-soluble colored pencils, Zig marker,
watercolor, Canson XL 140 lb. paper
After another meeting in Shoreline this morning, I took the long way home and drove through the neighborhood again, where these two mutilated trees caught my eye. The earlier fog was starting to thin, but the sky was still a thick white. 

Most residential streets in this part of town have no sidewalks. The recycling and garbage bins were guarded by trees and utility poles. Right on cue, just as I was thinking how nice it would be to put a recycling truck in the sketch, one showed up.

1 comment:

  1. Your sketches of these trees always make me smile and when I see trees like these here I think of you. Nice sketch...glad the recycling truck showed up for you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...