Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Year-Plus of Sketchbooks


Historically, the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day is when Greg and I declutter and clear out small, specific areas of our home. (We just finished tackling a hall cabinet filled past capacity with soap samples, toothpaste and floss samples from the dentist, shoe polish, a dozen bottles of half-used suntan lotion, shampoos and other products we rejected for various reasons but didn’t discard, and on and on. How does this stuff thrive and reproduce in our cabinet?)
 
I’ve also been decluttering my small studio, and I’m happy to say that I managed to get rid of enough unwanted books and reorganize the keepers to clear off one whole bookshelf just for my sketchbooks. Since that shelf will probably not be this neat again for quite some time, I took a photo of it. Note that I even left space on the shelf for more to come!
 
These are all the sketchbooks I’ve filled since Sept. 21, 2011, when I began sketching (not counting the seven sketchbooks currently in progress), so a little more than one year.

2 comments:

  1. Good photo giving a record of your progress. Wow, 7 sketchbooks in progress!?
    --Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. My you are ambitious! I at least washed my kitchen floor yesterday. I would need more than a shelf for all my journals too, but it would be fun to have them all in one place to look through them. Lovely photo of your neat shelf!!! Enjoy it while it lasts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...