Saturday, May 20, 2017

Returning to Spring

5/20/17 ink, water-soluble colored pencils
Jetlagged, inspired, and my sketchbook full of memories, I’m back from 18 days of the beauty and wonder of Italy. I know I say this every time I return from international travel, but I have to say it again: As much as I love seeing the world, I love returning home even more.

The day I left, the sky was overcast and promised rain. Today it’s 65 71 (!) degrees, and the sky is as blue as any we saw over Positano or Varenna. Despite piles of dirty laundry and accumulated mail, I took a short break this afternoon to celebrate spring, at last, at Maple Leaf Park. Home is sweet indeed.


(Full Italy report coming soon, including my usual sketch kit review and a colored pencil breakthrough!)

2 comments:

  1. Been enjoying your adventure via Instagram, both sketching and ice creams. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jan! Sure miss the gelatos. . .! :-)

      - Tina

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...