Monday, May 1, 2017

Gelato Awaits!

4/21/17 ink, water-soluble colored pencils

Almost exactly 11 years ago, Greg and I took our first European trip ever (and it was only the second time we’d ever used our passports) – to Italy. As vivid as much of those two weeks remain in my mind, I know many sights have faded from memory because I didn’t sketch them. (I suppose I took photos, but that was before I got a digital camera – I’m not even sure where those envelopes of photos are.) Ever since I took up sketching, I’ve been wanting to return to that romantic and magical country to see it properly –with a sketchbook. We are finally on our way back to the land of pastel-colored houses, sparkling blue water and a different flavor of gelato every day!


I won’t be blogging while I’m gone, but you can keep up with my adventures on Instagram and Flickr. Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. I went to Italy the year before I started sketching. Looking forward to seeing your sketches!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...