Sunday, November 16, 2014

Pioneer Square Station

11/16/14 Platinum Carbon and Pilot Iroshizuku Fuyu-syogun inks, Kuretake brush pen, watercolor, Zig marker, Canson XL

Our outdoor thermometer read 33 degrees when I left the house this morning to head for Pioneer Square Station. Despite the chill, the bright sunshine brought out a good showing of Urban Sketchers Seattle to sketch in and around the Metro tunnel station.

I decided to get the hard one out of the way first – the view from the mezzanine level out toward the tunnel, plus a few sketchers.

The tunnel station turned out to be colder than I thought it would be. By the time I finished that sketch, I was so chilled that I had to go outdoors to seek sunshine! I set my stool down on Second and Yesler facing west. Just as I was finishing up, I ran into Michele, so we ducked inside Shawn O’Donnell’s American Grill and Irish Pub to warm up with coffee and a quick sketch of the bar. 

11/16/14 India ink, twig
11/16/14 India ink, twig

2 comments:

  1. Tina, you and that twig are a force to be reckoned with! Great quick sketch while thawing out at the pub! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a massive station and very modern. I like how you added the sketchers to give the scene a sense of proportion and a bit of a story. All three sketches are good. Luckily when we are chilled there is usually a coffee shop or pub to welcome and warm us.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...