Friday, November 7, 2014

. . . and Irresistible Color

11/7/14 Platinum Carbon, Noodler's Brown 41 and Pilot Iroshizuku Fuyu-syogun inks, watercolor, Caran d'Ache Museum water-soluble colored pencils, Canson XL 140 lb. paper

. . . And in honor of a sunny Friday after many days of rain and wind, I got out my watercolors on Crown Hills Eighth Avenue Northwest, where trees line the boulevard between the two sides of this wide arterial, and more trees stand on either side of the street. This late in fall, the color isn’t quite as bright as it was a month ago, and it was a little too cold to sketch outside my car. I could see blue sky and shadows, though, and that’s good enough for me.

Happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had some sunshine so you could sketch outdoors...even if it was from the car. (I did the same thing today because it was too windy and cold out.) Good sketch. The color really pulls you into the scene and down the street.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice sketch, Tina. I'm surprised that you still have leaves on the trees. Excepting a few stragglers that just haven't fallen, ours are all gone.

    Cheers --- Larry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...