Friday, September 12, 2014

Confidence

9/12/14 Platinum Carbon ink, watercolor, Caran d'Ache Museum pencil, Pitt Artist Pen, Canson XL 140 lb. paper
The sky was bright blue, but the wind was stiff at Fisherman’s Terminal, where the Friday ad hoc sketchers gathered this morning. Now that it’s September, we’re back to meeting twice a month instead of weekly, but on a beautiful day like today, it seems like we cut back too early!

When I was at the terminal a few months ago, I wasn’t in the mood to sketch a boat, so I took on the Fisherman’s Memorial instead. Today, with the colorful little boats of Paraty still fresh in my mind, I was in a boatier mood. I had a gazillion to choose from . . . then this blue trawler caught my eye. When I saw its name, I decided it was challenging me to sketch it.

From left: Gwen, Chloe, Michele, Susan, Tina, Gordon and Elizabeth
We welcomed a couple of newcomers today, Chloe and Gwen, as well as Elizabeth, who was visiting all the way from Windsor, Ontario. Members of Plein Air Washington Artists happened to be there this morning too, so the terminal was full of sketchers and painters. As it should be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...