Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints


9/27/12 fountain pen, watercolor, Hand Book sketchbook
On a midday break today, I sketched the second of the two churches I see regularly from I-5. This one is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints at Northeast 57th and Eighth Avenue Northeast. I couldn’t find a website for this particular church, so I don’t know anything about it. However, compared to the Blessed Sacrament Church that I sketched Tuesday, it has a much simpler steeple and elevation view, and I had more time today than on Tuesday, so I decided to bite off a bit more to chew. That’s not to say the sketch wasn’t challenging – it was, and I suppose architecture will never stop being challenging for me. But I think I’m starting to “get” the perspective thing more often than not!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...