Sunday, October 11, 2026

Pinehurst Station Underwhelms

 

10/8/26 Pinehurst Station. Despite the blah scene, all the nearly
monochrome grayness were an interesting tonal challenge with my
limited palette of markers.

After much delay (and related local political strife), a new light rail station opened recently. Only a couple of miles north of Northgate station, it seemed unnecessary – unless it had plenty of parking to ease the congestion at the Northgate lots (which I only rarely encounter because I usually walk to the station, but when I do need to drive, I know parking can be a problem). In addition, I thought it might be worth scouting the new Pinehurst station for USk potential. I wasn’t optimistic, but in the winter, we get desperate for sheltered locations, and some stations can have decent views from the platform level.

My assessment: extremely meh. Although Pinehurst has some colorful murals, I didn’t see much of interest. Numerous large rocks were placed throughout the station – as seating? Hmmm. In addition, it’s very noisy from Interstate 5 traffic just below the station.

Well, you know me: Since I went there with an InkTober sketch in mind, I embraced the meh.

What's up with all the rocks?

At least there are colorful murals.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...