Sunday, August 3, 2014

CD Tree

8/2/14 Platinum Carbon and various inks, Pitt Artist Pen,
Caran d'Ache Museum water-soluble colored pencils,
Canson XL 140 lb. paper
Last week I sketched a Little Free Library a few blocks north in my neighborhood, and I knew about a second one within walking distance. I grabbed a couple of unneeded books to contribute from my over-bulging bookshelves and walked a couple blocks east.

The simple library box near the intersection of Northeast 80th and Roosevelt Way Northeast was the intended focus of my sketch, but what really caught my eye was the “tree” growing up behind it. A tall cylinder of CDs sprouted several wire branches of CD “leaves.” 

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I've never seen a CD tree. I've seen bottle trees. Great find and great sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...