Monday, August 5, 2013

It Can’t Be!


8/5/13 Platinum Carbon ink, watercolor, Stillman & Birn Beta sketchbook
Walking around Green Lake this morning, I saw – no, it can’t be! – tiny touches of color at the very tops of the maple trees I have been sketching each season. It was only two months ago that I was finally able to sketch them in full leaf. . . how could they be getting ready for fall already?
Today is the first day of the season that comes between summer and fall: Denial.

(To see all of my sketches marking the seasonal changes in this stand of maples, scroll down to the labels at right and choose “seasonal maples.” I enjoy sketching these trees so much that I decided the series deserves its own label.)

1 comment:

  1. It is fun to see the maples you've done through the seasons. I didn't know that you could do that with the labels. Nice job on this one. The summer is flying by too fast!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...