Friday, December 15, 2023

Simple Lights

 

12/12/23 Maple Leaf neighborhood

As far as I can remember, this neighbor on the corner has never decorated for the holidays – until this year. Maybe the lights next door or other houses on the block put her in the mood (or she felt pressured to be in the mood). In any case, I like these simple strings of lights on her bushes and plants. The background lights from the fence across the street add a little more color, too.

Sparkly!

Material note: I’m diggin’ the glittery Posca paint markers. They are slightly more sparkly than the Kuretake Fudebiyori metallic brush pens I used last year. We don’t put up lights anymore, so the Poscas are as sparkly as we get on the north side of Northeast 81st.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I love sketching nocturnes around the holidays!

      Delete
  2. I love the elegant simplicity of this. It gives such a peaceful feel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan! That hour is quiet and peaceful, indeed!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...