Monday, December 4, 2023

Back to Drawing Jam

 

12/2/23 Real life drawing again at Drawing Jam!


After two virtual pandemic years and skipping last year, it was great to be back at Drawing Jam live again! Although Gage Academy’s annual community arts event seemed a bit scaled back compared to pre-pandemic times, it still had the same joyous ambiance of artists, instructors, families, students and models coming together for their love of art and art-making.

Other than the two summers when I participated in outdoor life drawing at Gas Works Park, I hadn’t done any real life drawing since the Before Times (I don’t count all the live video drawing I did during the early COVID years). And boy, did I feel it – rusty as heck! Enjoyable as ever, it reminded me that I want to get back into a regular life-drawing groove again.

In addition to the fun of drawing models and other artists, I was tickled to see my sketches on the promotional posters hanging all over the building!


Since Gage will be moving to brand new digs in South Lake Union next year, this was the last Jam to be held in the very old building it has been occupying for years. Now I’m looking forward to next year’s Jam more than ever!

Fun to see the promotional poster with my sketches everywhere!



6 comments:

  1. This must be your month to be in the limelight! Saw the article on you in the December "Drawing Attention." Love the ballpoint pen self-portrait (which, for some reason, only appears in the email, not the published article--weird)! Really enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much! When asked for a photo of myself to accompany the article, I had submitted both the photo and the self-portrait. The editors decided to use both -- one in the email and one in the article! :-)

      Delete
    2. Yes, I saw it too and thought, good for you! And yes, loved the self-portrait sketch. You really have developed a recognizable style.

      Delete
  2. Looks like you enjoyed sketching the other artists too. Glad you were able to get back there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sketching the unwitting "models" is always fun -- even more fun than the actual models! ;-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...