Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Peek-a-Boo View from Starbucks (Sketch No. 7)

10/29/14 various inks, watercolor, Zig markers, Canson XL 140 lb. paper

I haven’t been back to sketch at the Roosevelt Light Rail Station construction site for a while. It’s frustrating because I can see the tops of the red and yellow cranes from quite a distance, but once I get up close, it’s hard to find a place where I would be allowed to stand and also see anything worth sketching.

Grabbing coffee at the Roosevelt Square Starbucks, which is on the upper level, I realized that the yellow crane was now in a position that I could see part of it from the outdoor tables. Partially blocked by the Square’s façade as well as lots of trees, it’s still a frustrating view, but at least I had a comfortable to table to sit at and unexpected blue spots between the clouds (yesterday’s weather report was wrong; not a single shower all day!).

(By the way, did you spot the worker up there? I know it looks like he’s walking on the outside of the railing, but he’s really safe inside. Well, “safe” is a relative term. My heart was pounding just imagining what it must be like to walk around up there.)

2 comments:

  1. Good sketch! Yes, I noted the worker. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice that you found a view with the crane...too bad you can't actually see what they are doing. Great that you captured the worker up top. You wouldn't catch me up there. lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...