Thursday, February 6, 2014

Trophy Cupcakes

2/6/14 Platinum Carbon ink, watercolor, Fabriano Studio hot press 140 lb. paper
An errand in the Wallingford neighborhood was sufficient excuse to stop at Trophy Cupcakes, where they make beautifully frosted confections that aren’t hugely overwhelming in size like some I’ve seen. (In fact, I devoured mine –salted caramel! – in just the right number of bites and without feeling like a pig.)

The curved counter and round canopies were perspective challenges that I don’t usually encounter. But it’s hard to resist an opportunity to sketch balloons, not to mention the clerk wearing a tiara.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun location to sketch!!! The balloons would call me right off as well as the striped canopy. Looks like you captured almost every cupcake they have...I like that. Now what will I have...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...