Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Another Graceful Mutilation in Maple Leaf

2/12/14 Platinum Carbon ink, Kuretake brush pen, watercolor, Zig markers, Canson XL paper
I keep trying different types and brands of brush pens, but I’m not sure why. The Kuretake Fountain Brush Pen I used to sketch this tree is one I’ve had for a couple years, and it’s still my favorite. It’s compatible with Platinum Carbon Black fountain pen cartridges, so I can count on it to be completely waterproof (In a hurry to get this sketch done before an appointment, I forgot to paint the sky in the background before I drew the tree, so I painted it afterwards). Finding it forgotten in my bag for several months now, I was afraid it wouldn’t flow, but it was as fresh as the day I put the cartridge in.

1 comment:

  1. Good sketch. As your series on mutilated trees goes, this poor tree doesn't look quite so bad. Interesting subject. I've not noticed any in my locale. My immediate area has all wires underground but I'll have to look more in the main part of town.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...