Monday, February 10, 2014

Size Matters

2/10/14 Gel pens, Private Reserve Velvet Black ink, Fabriano Studio hot press 140 lb. paper
The coffee, the music, the general ambiance: Everything is better at Zoka Coffee than it is at the Northgate Food Court. So why would I choose to go to the mall instead of my favorite coffee shop? I’m starting to enjoy the significant challenge of sketching deep interior spaces and showing people at varying distances. I can practice that to some extent at Zoka, but the food court is a lot bigger. Sometimes size matters.

2 comments:

  1. I thought you were going to compare sketches of the absurd names on the sizes of Starbuck's coffee cups...this is much better. lol I like the sense of distance you achieved with the size of the figures. Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you've used color and line width to generate depth. I also chuckled over your comments about not being able to practice 'depth' in the smaller venues. We have a lot of small coffee shops in Quebec City and I've found the same thing. The people are often so close that I almost feel that drawing them completely messes up the ability to sketch the interior itself. Maybe I'll try the food court.

    Cheers --- Larry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...