Monday, February 17, 2014

Metaphorical

2/17/14 Platinum Carbon ink, Van Gogh watercolors,
Stillman & Birn Beta sketchbook
Most of my Valentine bouquet is still looking fresh – in fact, the two orange lilies bloomed after I received them, and their stalk still has two more buds yet to bloom – but for some reason, the four pink gerbera daisies drooped by the next day. But I’ve always felt that flowers are more interesting to sketch when they’re past their (apparent) prime.

Yes, that statement is both literal and metaphorical (said the sketcher-of-a-certain-age).

1 comment:

  1. Nice sketch of your flowers. Seems like just a few of yours are drooping. Most of my roses are really drooping. What happened to those bouquets my hubby used to buy that lasted 2 weeks? I guess roses don't last long.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...