Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Close to Home

 

10/24/20 Maple Leaf neighborhood

It was a day that couldn’t decide if it was sunny or cloudy – shadows one moment, gone the next. It was certain, however, that it was chilly – in the low 40s all day – and breezy. Driving to the post office, I got only a few blocks from home when I spotted this tree bifurcated by utility lines. It’s been that way for years, I’m sure, but it’s only because it’s now brilliantly gold and orange that I noticed it.

Edited 11/1/20: Flickr chose this sketch for Explore on Oct. 29! Thanks, Flickr!

2 comments:

  1. I love how you've concentrated on the color in that one spot and left the other sections only with the colored pencil. I forget how the color changes once the water is added. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan! So much color around here lately... trying to capture as much as I can!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...