Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Sri Chinmoy


8/28/13 Diamine Chocolate Brown ink, Stillman & Birn
A while back when I was walking along the Ship Canal in the Fremont neighborhood, I came upon a memorial to Sri Chinmoy, an Indian spiritual master and founder of the World Harmony Run. A plaque at the foot of the memorial, called “Dreamer of World Peace,” includes a poem by Chinmoy and the words “Fremont – Center of the Universe for World Harmony.”
 
I didn’t have time to sketch the memorial then, but I made note of it. This week’s Urban Sketchers Flickr group theme is “Dreams of a Better Society,” so I thought it was the appropriate time to go back to the Ship Canal and sketch the statue. It was dedicated on Nov. 7, 2010, three years after his death.

2 comments:

  1. Good job on the statue!!! I like your choice of ink for this and the nautical details in the background. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely composition, Tina. Love it!

    Cheers --- Larry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...