Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Knives and Chefs


8/14/13 Diamine Chocolate Brown ink
The overcast sky and stiff wind were clues, but the temperature read 75, so I took the top down and headed out for the Wallingford Farmers Market. Maybe the musicians knew something I didn’t, because none were to be found at this market that is usually popular with buskers.
 
Without my usual farmers market “victims,” I set out to find new ones. My first was Andrew, Your Knife Sharpening Guy, who has been sharpening knives by hand for more than 15 years.
 
I walked around to the back end of the market and found a cooking demo in progress by chef Kailee Krupa and her team from Burgundian, a Wallingford neighborhood bar and restaurant. I was about to ask her more about the restaurant when the sky suddenly opened up, splattering my sketch with huge drops.
 
Quickly making my rounds to pick up corn for dinner and a copy of Real Change from Yemane (whom I sketched a couple weeks ago), I ran out to my drenched car, popped the top up and drove home.

8/14/13 Diamine Eclipse ink, Stillman & Birn Alpha sketchbook

1 comment:

  1. Great sketch of the chefs at work...sorry you got rained on! Rain spoiled our plein air day yesterday too. I can't believe you have a knife sharpening guy at your market. Our farmers market are nothing like that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...