Thursday, August 8, 2013

Sloth Bear Cubs and Elephant

8/8/13 Diamine Chocolate Brown ink, Stillman & Birn

Two sloth bear cubs were born at the Woodland Park Zoo last December, but until recently they had been out for public viewing only sporadically, so I’d gotten only brief glimpses of them, if any. They are finally old enough to be out all day with their mom, so today I got to spend a half-hour watching them play, sketching when I could (they like to dodge behind the trees and tree-like structures in their exhibit).

On my way out of the zoo, I stopped to watch an elephant being fed. Or more precisely, I mostly saw the back end of an elephant while the front end got fed.


8/8/13 Diamine Chocolate Brown ink
8/8/13 Chocolate Brown ink

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job on the animals. I like the sort of shaggy look to the fur of the bear, and you did a super job on the solid, heavy bodies of the elephants. I haven't tried sketching at the zoo in so long...maybe in the fall when it is a bit cooler to hang around one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the elephants, esp. the little hairs on the top of the head.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...