Saturday, August 10, 2013

Cookie’s Face Painting


8/9/13 Diamine Chocolate Brown ink, Zig markers, Stillman & Birn sketchbook
Although I sometimes visit playgrounds to practice sketching children, those perpetual motion machines are usually the most difficult of all sketching models (even more difficult than meerkats!). That’s why I was delighted to see a face painter at work at Phinney Farmer’s Market yesterday. Cookie the Face Painter has a way with kids: She gets them to sit still – at least for the few minutes it takes her to create a fanciful design on their faces. She’s so fast, in fact, that she had finished three clients in the time that it took me to make this sketch. One girl was my face model, another was the body model, and the third allowed me to sketch Cookie.

Last summer I sketched a different face painter, Alethea.

1 comment:

  1. Great that you had so many cooperative models to complete this. Nice sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...