Sunday, September 27, 2020

September’s Small Stories


9/7/20 Early morning on Labor Day. No traffic in sight, so I
stood in the middle of the street to sketch.
The weather is changing. The first week of September was beautiful, and then the smoke blew in, ruining what were probably otherwise warm, pleasant weeks. Now we’ve had days of rain, which is normal for this time of year, but it’s always bittersweet to see summer end (and despite the pandemic, it was a beautiful one in which I rediscovered my own neighborhood).

For both fitness and mental health, I have committed to continue walking, rain or shine, as long as it’s not a ridiculous downpour. If there’s one thing I know as a Seattle native, it’s that the precipitation generally referred to as “rain” is usually just a drizzle or shower around here. A hooded slicker was made for that. And to keep myself motivated, the walk/sketch fitness program I put myself on last winter still works: Every walk is rewarded with a sketch.

9/1/20 More utility pole work.

9/23/20 Kendo class at Maple Leaf Park. My waterproof
Field Notes Expedition holds up in any kind of weather!

Its officially autumn . . .

. . . I've switched from my hot pink summer Rickshaw
bag, which repels drizzle . . .

. . . to my waterproof red Rickshaw,
which can take anything Seattle
clouds can dish out! Bring it on!


2 comments:

  1. It is good to hear that you will continue your walks and your sketches despite what the weather brings. I love how your two bags are so simliar! Happy sketching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have many Rickshaw bags that are exactly the same style -- just different colors and sizes! That way I don't have to re-learn where the pockets are or where I keep stuff! ;-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...