Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Rise Up


If you’ve followed my blog for a while, you know that I don’t generally use it as my political platform (and I admit I’ve been disappointed when artists I follow for their art begin sharing more political opinions than art). Although I have more recently expressed my views occasionally without being strident or explicit (OK, I was a bit explicit in this post), I have always seen my blog as a place to share and think about art – not political views. 

I still believe that. The closer we get to November, however, the more I realize that I can’t compartmentalize myself about something as important as the upcoming presidential election, which will be the most critical in my life so far. My beliefs and values are who I am, just like my sketches are. 

A few days ago, I found out about Rise Up, Show Up, Unite – a group of American artists who have united in support of Biden and Harris. I joined by putting together this image to post on social media, and I’m stating my view explicitly here: I’m voting for Biden and Harris because I want my country to have a leader again – one with integrity, decency and values I share. I want to be proud to be an American again.

2 comments:

  1. I agree Tina! These are the times we need to be vocal and speak out for what we as people, believe in! Thanks for sharing this, it’s important.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...