Friday, September 21, 2012

Chihuly Garden and Glass


9/20/12 Lamy fountain pen, watercolor, Stillman & Birn

I could have spent the entire day at Chihuly Garden and Glass absorbing and sketching the fantastical expressions of color and form that define Dale Chihuly’s work. It would have been a day for house-painting brushes, buckets of paint, paper the size of the walls and a soundtrack by Dream Theater played at full volume. But in the limited time I had with nothing but my sketchbook and a few watercolors, I simply chose a couple of works and tried to capture their essence.
 
My sketches seem way too modest to reflect the flamboyance and exuberance exhibited there. But wait till next time when I bring a few buckets of paint.


9/20/12 Lamy fountain pen, Platinum Carbon ink, watercolor, Stillman & Birn sketchbook

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...