Saturday, September 22, 2012

Audience Participation


9/21/12 fountain pen, Platinum Carbon ink, watercolor
Fall hit Seattle overnight, literally. Thursday was sunny and warm as it had been for an unbelievable, nearly-record-breaking number of consecutive days in August and September. Then Friday was overcast and drizzly all day, and I knew the end had finally come. I headed out for Phinney Farmer’s Market anyway, not wanting to miss my last couple of opportunities before the markets closed for the year.
9/21/12 fountain pen
 
The usually abundant colorful produce was looking sparse, but singer Katy Webber added a bright note to the otherwise gray day. An early childhood music teacher, Katy offers ukulele lessons as well as birthday party entertainment. To encourage young audience participation, she put out a box of tambourines and maracas, which were used with glee. The kids moved too fast for my pen to keep up with, but I enjoyed the lively percussion just the same.
 
Summertime, I’ll miss you!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...