Friday, September 6, 2019

Northgate Auto Care Center

8/24/19 Maple Leaf neighborhood

I often walk by this strange and colorful building in my neighborhood. Although the paint job on the garage side is lively, the architecture seems a bit off. It has three roof lines at various confusing angles, and the front has four sides that jut out like a bay window. Despite lengthy struggle, I know I didn’t draw it accurately.

In any case, it will soon be no more. For many years, a variety of cars filled its garage and outer lots receiving “care.” Sometime during the past several months, all the cars disappeared, and now a sign attached to the chain link fence announces the building’s fate: It will be replaced by yet another five-story apartment building. I can guarantee it won’t be painted red, green and checkerboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...