Sunday, September 15, 2019

Life-Drawing Weather

9/9/19 10-min. pose

It had been nearly four months since I went to a life drawing session at Gage. (I can’t bring myself to sit in a dark studio during the sunny summer months.) Feeling creaky and rusty, I bought a fresh punch card and went on the first day of fall quarter.

9/9/19 5-min. poses
Fortunately for me, the model was Shawna, whose fluid, dynamic poses make me feel more warmed up than I really am. It’ll take me a few more weekly sessions to get back in the groove, but it feels good to be back at Gage.

I’m wearing a hoodie and socks again. Even as I type this, our furnace is being tuned up for the winter. As a friend posted on Facebook, “Summer didn’t even say ‘bye. Bitch just packed her shit and left.” My only solace is that life-drawing weather is back.

9/9/19 5-min. pose
9/9/19 20-min. pose

9/9/19 10-min. pose

9/9/19 10-min. pose

9/9/19 5-min. poses

2 comments:

  1. it is all about location. Here in Northeast Florida we can't get the bitch to leave.

    Raintoday and dry with temps in the 90s for Monday and Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha-ha!! This is probably normal for around here, but summer is so short that it's hard to see it go.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...