Thursday, April 26, 2018

I Couldn’t Resist Another Brick Tudor

4/24/18 Maple Leaf neighborhood

My plan on this morning was to sketch one of the frame Tudors on 83rd, where there’s a whole row of lovely ones on one block. But I must have been distracted, because I found myself walking on 82nd instead, where there’s a whole row of even more charming brick Tudors. This is the plainer type without a conical roof over the porch, but it still has some nice details in the brickwork around the arch (which, unfortunately, I couldn’t capture on the shady side). I might have to go back and sketch the house next door to this one from the side, which has a very cool chimney detail. I’m going to have to get out there at least an hour earlier, though, so the light will be just right.

I know I promised to show the many traditional architectural styles in Maple Leaf. . . but I sure love these Tudors!

3 comments:

  1. I’m enjoying the tour of the homes in your neighborhood! This home really looks 3 dimensonial and I also like the texture of the brickwork you captured!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you're enjoying the peek into my neighborhood! I think it's long overdue -- I forget about sketching the things that are closest to me!

      Delete
  2. I like the Tudors too...so you can keep sketching them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...