Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Roosevelt is Crawling with Crawlers

3/11/15 various inks, Zig marker, Caran d'Ache Museum colored pencils,
Canson XL 140 lb. paper
Running an errand in the Roosevelt neighborhood, I spotted a yellow crawler excavator (this is one of two, actually) on Northeast 65th where much of the street is blocked by cones, workers and heavy equipment of various kinds. There’s so much construction activity going on in that area that I’m not sure if this excavator is directly related to the Light Rail Station project or not. (I think this crawler is just like the one sketched last year on my own block.)

Part of me was annoyed – yet another traffic mess to negotiate when I drive into the neighborhood – but another part of me was delighted. I don’t know why I enjoy sketching things like this. Perhaps in a previous life I was an 8-year-old boy.

2 comments:

  1. Great sketch, Tina. I love sketching these machines too, though I do it infrequently. I think it's their yellow and orange colors that make them attractive to me, but also their insect-like nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do these so well!!! And it looks like you know what the parts are that you're looking at. lol Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...