Friday, March 13, 2015

Ada’s Technical Books & Café

3/13/15 DeAtramentis Document Brown and Diamine
Grey inks, Zig markers, watercolor, Caran d'Ache Museum
water-soluble colored pencils, Canson XL 140 lb. paper
“For the cravings of the technical mind.”

That’s the slogan at Ada’s Technical Books & Café on Capitol Hill. With a focus on math, engineering and science, the shop is decorated with things like slide rules, compasses and other geeky delights.

My mind is about as technical as a blueberry scone, which, after greeting the other Friday sketchers inside the café, I took outside to the porch facing 15th Avenue East. Enjoying my coffee and snack in the mild temperature, I spotted a bright yellow pedestrian crossing sign that had been doctored with a sticker. Only in Seattle!

After that sketch, I went inside to the very back of Ada’s, where a small library-like room looks out on the café counter, bookcases, high ceiling and polished wood floors. Ada’s is a fun, eclectic place even if you don’t have a technical mind.

3/13/15 DeAtramentis Document Brown
and Diamine Grey inks, Museum pencils

2 comments:

  1. Love how you did the reflective surface of the car with the gray ink!! Super job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sketches and I'm sure I would love the place.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...