Monday, March 11, 2013

Saved by Plum Blossoms


3/11/13 Platinum Sepia and Carbon inks, watercolor, gouache, Zig marker, S & B Epsilon sketchbook
My plan was to take another crack at sketching the steeple that I had failed at so miserably a few weeks ago, so I pulled into the Calvary Christian Assembly’s parking lot at Northeast 68th and Roosevelt Way Northeast. As I drove around looking for a strategic parking space, I suddenly spotted a huge plum tree just beginning to blossom. Even with the ugly van parked in front of it and an equally unattractive utility pole next to it, the tree was a magnificent harbinger of spring.
 
Two reasons to rejoice: its cheerful pink color against the drab overcast sky and its presence that distracted me from an annoying perspective study.

1 comment:

  1. A little color is much more fun than agonizing over perspective. lol I saw that new Lamy you got...I'll have to go check it out. I may HAVE to have another one before I go on my trip to Ireland.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...