Friday, November 30, 2012

Windsong


11/30/12 Private Reserve Black Velvet ink, Zig markers, Stillman & Birn Epsilon
As if sketching two Santas in two days wasn’t enough to get me in the holiday spirit, the real treat came when I stopped for a lunch break at Il Fornaio. I grabbed a table closest to where two flautists and a cellist known as Windsong were just beginning a lovely holiday concert. After I finished my sandwich, I sketched them again from one floor up. As I discovered over the summer at many farmer’s markets, I can’t think of too much that makes me happier than enjoying live music while I sketch the musicians.
 
Sheltered under the bright retail lights,  It almost felt like summer.
11/30/12 Private Reserve Ultra Black ink, Stillman & Birn Epsilon sketchbook

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...