Thursday, November 1, 2012

Looking For It


11/1/12 Platinum Carbon ink, watercolor, Hand Book sketchbook
I’ve said before that it’s difficult finding inspiration in retail America. So I guess I sketched this blazing maple tree in spite of myself.
After meeting for lunch at Southcenter, Susan and I were still finishing up our conversation outside the restaurant when we both commented on the brilliant colors we’ve been enjoying this autumn, noting the maples planted around the parking lot. I got in my car to drive home, but this tree was too much to resist. I re-parked to get a better angle and sketched it from the car. It was the second time a tree had inspired me from a retail parking lot, and as I was last time, I was reminded that inspiration turns up wherever you go looking for it – as long as you’re looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...