Monday, November 5, 2012

Sketchbook Project Sketchbook: Full


11/5/12 Private Reserve Velvet Black ink
The Sketchbook Project sketchbook that I began in September is now full. The crappy paper aggravated me every time I tried to do washes, but instead of doing something about it (I know that some participants are gluing in different papers or making other changes to accommodate their media and sketching styles), I decided to stop fighting the paper and use fountain pen inks without washes, which forced me to pay closer attention to lines (not a bad thing – I know I’m guilty of trying to cover up sloppy lines with washes; now my sloppy lines are fully visible).
 
As I thumbed through the thin book, I noticed lots of pages with plenty of white space left on them. Since I still have a couple months before the sketchbook is due, I’m going to go back and fill in some of the spaces with more sketches.

Edited 12/19/12: I finished the sketchbook on Dec. 19, 2012. See all 17 page spreads in my Sketchbook Project sketchbook in a Flickr slideshow, or view the images one at a time in my Flickr photostream.
9/17/12, 11/5/12
11/5/12 Private Reserve Velvet Black ink



2 comments:

  1. I just signed up for the Sketchbook project. Not sure whether I'm in for the one due in January 2013 or not. I logged it as a photo book as I can go back over the year and put in prints of photos. That's probably a good thing since you write that it's bad paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for you that you finished! I am really planning to get to see them in Brooklyn this time!!! I am still working on mine. I thought that since I was doing mostly double page spreads it would go faster, but it isn't. I still have to glue some pages in so I can finsh.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...