Friday, April 5, 2024

Top Pot for Easter

3/31/24 Top Pot Dougnuts, Wedgwood neighborhood

After my haircut, I walked a mile south to the Wedgwood Top Pot Doughnuts. My mission was to see if they still had any remaining seasonal Peep doughnuts that I’d seen on Instagram. They did – exactly the one I wanted with pink frosting and a yellow bunny Peep.


I started the page spread by sketching the Top Pot building from across the street. I never tire of sketching those palm trees and giant donut. I hadn’t noticed before the two small palms on the side of the building, so they were next.

Saving space for the Peep donut, I waited until I got home to sketch that part. (In the privacy of my kitchen, I scraped off all the pretty pink icing and confetti sprinkles that are so much fun to sketch but that I certainly didn’t want to consume. Sadly, poor bunny Peep also hit the trash can.)

It was Easter day. I don’t usually do anything special for Easter, but the day was so beautiful that I couldn’t get enough of sketching outdoors. After I got home, I took a boiled egg out for a walk for a little urban sk-egg-ing.

3/31/24 Maple Leaf neighborhood
Posca and Pentel acrylic markers supposedly draw
on many surfaces besides paper, but apparently eggshell
is not one of them. The ink never completely dried!


1 comment:

  1. Love the spread for Top Pot...that donut with the Peep on it is so funny. Can't believe the ink didn't dry on the egg...interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...