Saturday, April 6, 2024

South Lake Union Elephant

 

4/1/24 South Lake Union and light rail commuters

With an appointment downtown, I took the opportunity to scout potential Urban Sketchers locations in the South Lake Union area where all the Amazon buildings are. The last time I had been in Amazontown was probably three years ago when Greg got his first set of COVID vaccines at the Amazon Super Vaxsite. Things had changed so much that I felt like Rip Van Winkle all over again.

The most fun new bit is the vintage Elephant Car Wash sign that Amazon had acquired a while back. Restored before being installed, the 60-year-old sign is as pink and neon-y as ever. I hope to sketch it larger when I come again with Seattle USk, but for now, I just added a small sketch of it to my montage for the day.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...