Saturday, October 30, 2021

The Story of One Maple

 

10/27/21 Maple Leaf neighborhood

Our days of high winds and heavy rain did a number on many trees. When I walked around Green Lake the first dry day after the “bomb cyclone,” I saw lots of newly bald trees as well as torn limbs strewn across the path.

That afternoon, I went to check out the same maple in the ‘hood that I’ve been watching: Just a few yellow leaves are barely hanging on. This is probably the last time I’ll sketch it this year, but if I remember next spring, I’ll continue this story of one maple.

Previous sketches are shown below.

10/21/21

10/12/21

2 comments:

  1. It is amazing how many leaves can be lost in such a short time. We finally have some color. Hopefully the sun will come out and light it upZZ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to seeing your sketches of seasonal color!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...