Thursday, September 7, 2017

Speed and Distraction

9/6/17 Geese at Gas Works Park
Whenever we have visitors in town, it’s fun to play tourist and see the sights we usually ignore because they’re always too full of tourists. Of course, I always like to sneak in a few sketches along the way, which can be tricky when touring with non-sketching friends. I’ve written before about all the strategies I use (see part 1 and part 2 of my recent family reunion in Oregon and last year’s trip to the Minnesota State Fair), so I won’t go into them again here. Suffice it to say that the No. 1 trick is speed (each of these sketches took five to 10 minutes). The No. 2 trick is distraction: “Oh, look! Those fish mongers are throwing salmon to each other! Go stand over there for a better view!”

9/7/17 View from Highland Drive

9/7/17 First and Pine
9/7/17 Pike Place Market

9/7/17 P.K. Dwyer performing at Queen Anne Farmers Market

9/7/17 A cat busking at Pike Place Market (I made him
look a bit piggy)

2 comments:

  1. Love your way of distracting the visitors so you have time to sketch. lol Love the cat busker...was he playing Cat Stevens songs. lol (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...